Safety, Health & Environmental Policy
Thuthugani Contractors (Pty) Ltd management and employees, striving for excellence in silviculture and fire protection contracting services, we recognise the impact that our activities may have on people and the environment.
Our legal responsibility represents the minimum level of achievement in respect of Occupational Health and Safety at the work place. We will strive to safeguard our employees from any Occupational diseases, injuries, accidents and pollution as far as reasonably practical.
Safety, Health and protection of the Environment will form an integral part of our planning and decision making in our business.We will manage our company in an ethical way and strive to balance our economic, social and environmental needs at all times.
- We will provide and maintain a safe working environment which is safe from injury and risks to health as far as reasonably practical.
- Conducting our operations with consideration of the Community and the Environment within which we work.
- Responsible utilisation of natural resources.
- Continually improving our Safety, Health and Environmental performance
- To ensure that the resources to achieve the highest possible standards are provided.
- To promote and maintain a culture of Safety, Health and Environmental consciousness amongst all our employees and stakeholders.
- To give recognition and reward outstanding safety excellence and performance
- To comply with applicable legal and other requirements
- Setting and reviewing HSE objectives and targets
- Comply with Safe work practices and statutory requirements
- Take reasonable care of the resources provided for Safety, Health and Environment.
- Report all accidents, incidents, hazards and risks on the job immediately
- Accountable for their actions and omissions with regards to Safety, Health and Environment
We will achieve these commitments by
- Implementing and monitoring Safety, Health and Environmental management systems which at present are based on NOSA, ISO14001 and FSC.
- Creating awareness and providing appropriate training to all employees on Safety, Health and Environmental matters.
- Responding effectively to Safety, Health and Environmental non-conformances, emergencies and disasters involving all our activities.