BEE and Corporate Social Investment
As part of Thuthugani Contractors commitment to uplift and improve the communities from which labour is drawn, the following is some of the assistance given to the local communities.
The Thuthugani policy put into practice when Arbor-Care (Pty) Ltd worked on the Ben Cairnie & Mpur Estates (1996-1998) is to work closely with the local tribal Chief and headmen.
All conditions of employment are discussed with them first and then they assist us in recruiting of all employees.
Disciplinary actions also involve consultation with the offender and his/her local headmen.
These local headmen in conjunction with the local chief have assisted with employing labour from their respective areas to work for Thuthugani for the duration of the contract.
Thuthugani’s Internal Strategy on HIV/Aids
VCT (Voluntary counselling and testing)To manage existing infections through VCT, and early diagnosis and managed health care, which includes antiretroviral treatment, and to reduce and prevent new infections through effective education programmes. This is done together with the local department of health.We as Thuthugani Contractors (Pty) Ltd strongly believe that VCT is one of the key initiatives as this unlocks the door to treatment. Thuthugani Contractors (Pty) Ltd continues to focus on VCT through its awareness, counselling and testing campaign. All results are completely confidential. We have come to an agreement with the department of health to come and provide antiretroviral therapy at our hostel in the afternoons rather than the employees being spending their hard earned money for transport.The major focus to date has also been to prevent new infections through an extensive education awareness programmes done quarterly.
Thuthugani CSI (Corporate Social Investment)
On the 7th of June 2018 Thuthugani Contractors was invited to witness the graduation ceremony held at Buhle Academy, Delmas where we funded eight students from our surrounding communities to the tune of R39 000.00 to undertake a Vegetable Production Course (Feb 2018-June 2018). After the graduation ceremony Thuthugani Contractors followed up by providing the following implements and materials for the graduates to commence production.
- Seedlings and fertilizers
- Hand tools i.e. garden forks, spades, hoes and hand gloves
Thuthugani Contractors – A Good Corporate Citizenry
- Thuthugani Contractors (Pty) Ltd donated the bags of oranges/naartjies to the following schools in Vryheid area. Each bag worth approximately R25 each.
- Elangeni school – 50 bags
- Sibonokuhle Orphanage Care Centre – 50 bags
- Phungelihle Primary School – 50 bags
- Nqabeni High School – 50 bags
- Squlwaneni Primary School – 50 bags
- Sivulindlela Primary School – 50 bags
- Donated with Cooldrinks towards Youth Day at Bhukubhu under Impumelelo CT.
- Cleaned the Sivulindlela Primary school for Youth day function
- Donated R1000 for grocery for Chief BM Zulu’s funeral held at Khambi Sports Field.